If you're trying to cast the LEAN to your TV from your phone please visit this page instead.
How to cast a Laptop to TV with Chromecast
- Download Google Chrome Web Browser on Laptop.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Cast.
- Choose the Chromecast device where you want to watch the content. If you're already using the Chromecast, your content will replace what's on your TV.
- When you've finished, to the right of the address bar, click Cast. Stop casting.
How To Cast from Mac to Apple TV using AirPlay Mirroring
- Make sure your Mac and Apple TV are on the same network.
- Click the AirPlay status icon in the menu bar, then choose your Apple TV.
Note: If you don’t see the AirPlay status icon in the menu bar, check that your Apple TV is set up correctly.
- To set whether your desktop matches the size of the Mac screen or the TV screen, click the AirPlay status icon, then choose This Mac or your Apple TV. When you’re using AirPlay Mirroring, the AirPlay status icon in the menu bar is blue.
How to cast a Windows 10 desktop to a Smart TV
- Select "Devices" from your Windows Settings menu.
- Click to "Add Bluetooth or other device."
- Select "Wireless display or dock."
- Make sure "Network discovery" and "File and printer sharing" are turned on.
- Click "Cast to Device" and choose your device from the pop-up menu.
Alternative Ways to Mirror Mac to TV
Wireless method – LetsView
If you want to connect MacBook to TV without Apple TV wirelessly, LetsView will be your best choice. This wireless screen mirroring tool for Mac is totally free and allows you to display everything on your Mac screen to your TV. Just simply get the app and install it on your Mac and TV. Afterward, proceed to the steps below to mirror your Mac to your TV without Apple TV.
- Launch the app on your Mac and TV. Don’t forget to connect both devices to the same wireless network.
- On your TV screen, you will see a PIN code.
- On your Mac, switch to Computer Screen Mirroring. Just input the PIN code on the box on the LetsView interface and click Start.
- Then your Mac screen will be mirrored to your TV immediately.
Practical tool – ApowerMirror
ApowerMirror is also a good tool for you to cast your Mac screen to your TV even without an Apple TV. This wonderful tool is listed as one of the top searched and downloaded screen mirroring tools these days. It offers great mirroring quality with additional features that you use to make the mirroring more productive and enjoyable. To learn how to connect Mac to TV wirelessly without Apple TV and do screen mirroring, check out the steps below.
- Download and install the app on your TV and Mac.
- Connect your Mac and TV to the same WiFi connection. Then launch the app on your TV and Mac.
- On your Mac, switch to the PIN Code option, and enter the PIN code displayed on your TV. Click the mirror button to cast your Mac to your TV.
Cabled way – HDMI cable & adaptor
If you also want to display your Mac screen on your TV when you don’t have a strong internet connection, you can use an HDMI cable. This allows you to connect your Mac to your TV without using an Apple TV. To learn how to mirror Mac to TV without Apple TV via HDMI cable, simply follow the steps below.
- Start your Mac and TV, then use an HDMI cable and connect them to the HDMI ports on your Mac and TV. Note: You may need an HDMI/Mac Adaptor
- On your TV, use your remote control to select HDMI source. Make sure to select the source that your Mac is connected to.
- Once done, your Mac screen will then be mirrored to your TV.